Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thank You India


The Junky's Wife (http://www.thejunkyswife.com/2007/07/gratitude.html) wrote about being grateful this morning, and it inspired me to make this list of 11 things I'm grateful for.


1. Coffee!


2. The cat, who is taking a break from reading to sleep on her side beside the computer.


3. The day in front of me, which will be full of salsa-making and garden-watering and poetry- organizing.


4. The patch of sunlight on the floor, which the cat will move to when I get up from the computer.


5. A refrigerator full of lasagna and tofurkey and cantaloupe (and 5a: the spell checker for knowing how to spell "cantaloupe").


6. The comfy gray chair I spend 3 hours a day reading Harry Potter in (still on book 5-- it's LONG).


7. The sound of D playing the guitar every morning as I write.


8. Yoga today!!!


9. The fun day I had working yesterday-- my boss and I chatted more than we worked and we stopped at 2 to go swimming in one of those secret pools people have behind their rowhouses in the city.


10. My sister, who calls me just to talk.


11. My supportive, patient friends who still like me even though I am bad at talking on the phone.


No comments: