Monday, August 20, 2007

The end of vacation:



The crazy bathrobe-wearing man is outside yelling as I am writing. He shows up every now and then to stalk cars stopped at the light. I can never tell if he's asking for money or just yelling. Once someone gave him a cup of applesauce and he half-drank, half-scooped it into his mouth. He has a long beard, a dirty blue bathrobe, and a hospital bracelet.



I've called the non-emergency police about him a few times, but now I wonder if it does any good. He eventually just comes back. Still, I am sort of afraid he's going to get hit by a car. He sometimes does karate shop moves very close to traffic. Other times, he does a yoga-type, namaste bow to the cars as they pass.



What can you do?



What does it mean to ignore this man?

1 comment:

joy said...

I'd like to see him. I think you're not ignoring him at all, first of all, in that you've honored him with a blog post. And, you can only give someone as much as they are able to receive.

Poor fellow.