Friday, October 5, 2007

Ticking away, the moments that make up


Is it a dull day? Or a small day?


Anyway, time. Time time time.


I haven't had time to post. Fall is in full swing: papers to grade, homework to complete, Metros to catch.


Overall, I've been doing a good job this fall putting my writing first. I write in the mornings, so if I have other things to do I have to ignore them while I write. This had resulted in some progress with my poetry as well as my never once having done all of the homework for my Emily Dickinson class.


How do you claim time for things you love and without turning into a slacker in other aspects? Maybe it's impossible. I've been trying to embrace the idea that I can just be worst student in the Dickinson class, but really, I'm a schoolnerd-overachiever so it's hard for me.


I'm starting to worry about next year, when I might be teaching high school again. Talk about never having time.


Yesterday, I did this thing where I tried to do all of my homework first and then write. Of course I never wrote. I got all my homework done, though.


And now... I'm off to work on my poems. I have till 10:30, then I have to go teach.


2 comments:

joy said...

I've missed you! I want you to drop out of school and stay home and write blogs all day!

Want to see how I think I know everything? You might be familiar with this aspect of my personality:

I think you should put writing first every day except for one or two days. On the off days, put the other stuff first.

I am trying, in my own stupid mess of a life, to accept that I'm not ever going to be perfect. That I'm never going to work out, write poetry, update the blog, clean the house, train the dogs, be a perfect wife and perfect friend and perfect daughter and go to all the meetings in the world and finish all 12 steps super fast and become a sponsor to 29 young and frightened junkies' wives and fix all their problems with my infinite wisdom and patience. I can't do everything right all the time, and it's stupid to think that I can. If I get one thing kind of right every day, that's a reason to celebrate.

Now back to bossiness:

Don't go teach high school if you don't want to! Teach a thousand comp classes!

longvowels said...

QA can I have your class reading list?