Thursday, April 2, 2009

Are you expecting?

That's what the woman who cut my hair said to me on Tuesday as I was paying.

"Yes!"I replied.

Then she said something like, "no wonder." She sort of murmured it and I am not sure what she meant. I was kind of nauseous during the haircut (shocking, I know) because I had just eaten and taken prenatal vitamins, and it got kind of hot under the cape as she dried my hair, so maybe she meant, "no wonder you looked so miserable during the haircut." Or maybe she meant, "no wonder you look a little fat under your t-shirt." In any case, I think it's a little dangerous for strangers to be asking me if I am expecting at this point in the pregnancy, but since I AM, I found it very exciting.

Then she said she though it was a boy. So, that's one vote for boy. My mom and Luli, my mother-in-law, think it's a girl. So girl is winning. (Feel free to cast your own vote in the "comments" box.)

Here are a few other thoughts/moments from the past few days.

*In case you are wondering if my morning sickness is gone, NO, it is not. I actually feel pretty good right now, but I've had several yucky days in the past week. It is really wearing me down. I'm so tired of it I can't even complain about it anymore. I hope it goes away soon.

*I am a slow-moving vehicle. When I was walking to Union Station yesterday, people who had started out 2 blocks behind me passed me halfway there. Then when I got off the train in College Park, I was plodding along the sidewalk, eating a chocolate croissant, and this crazy runner in a Marines t-shirt sprinted past. Then he sprinted past again, going back where he'd come from. Then past again the first way. He did this 4 or 5 times , for about the length of 2 blocks, in the time I took me to walk about 3/4 of the block. As I finally turned the corner, he stopped to rest, huffing and puffing, watching me wipe the chocolate off my face.(I was really tired yesterday. Still.)

*Through an interesting chain of events, my dear friend Meg has secured a crib voucher for me to get a new crib. So, I can officially check "crib" off of my (currently non-existent) list of baby things we need. That's a big one! (Thank you Meg!)

*I wore my maternity pants for the first time yesterday. They are green cargo pants. They are much more comfortable than my other pants--I can still button them, but they get uncomfortable by the end of the day, and make angry-tight-pants marks on my stomach. Maternity pants have an unbelievable large belly panel.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a fun list of things. Feel better, yay for a crib, and just imagine what it's going to be like when the maternity pants won't stay up anymore (yes, it happens!).