Monday, August 31, 2009

It's August 31st...

so you may be wondering whether I am going to meet my "Be Ready For Baby" deadline of TODAY.

No.

However, most things are done, and I will have completed two of the most important remaining items on the list by the end of the week. One is the car seat. Yesterday, we tried to install our car seat, but hit a roadblock (haha) when we realized we were missing a certain silver clip. Long story short, we are going to trade in the used car (from Sophie) for a new one of the same brand. I plan to do that tomorrow after I teach. We'll install it one evening this week, then get it inspected by the DC Fire Department Friday morning.

The second big item remaining on my list is to figure out the breast pump, which Caroline has graciously agreed to help me with this week.

There are a couple of other things on the list, but all in all I am feeling pretty good. Now I am off to finish up my syllabus, course policies, and lesson plans for the week.

2 comments:

Caroline Armijo said...

I'm looking forward to the breast pump tutorial. After I put it away yesterday, I had to pull it out again this morning. I guess it was missing the attention!

Caroline Armijo said...

I'm looking forward to the breast pump tutorial. After I put it away yesterday, I had to pull it out again this morning. I guess it was missing the attention!