Thursday, September 17, 2009

President Obama

spoke on campus today. Here is what he said. I didn't go, because I had to teach. (Some of my students did go.) I did see him in February 08 during the campaign. I waited two hours in the freezing cold. Even if I hadn't been teaching today, I don't think I have the stamina to stand in line that long just now. My students said there was already a long line at 5:30 AM. Apparently Obama started speaking around noon.

Even though we didn't go to the speech, on the Metro ride in this morning, the baby marked the occasion by shifting from the right side of my belly, where she has been hanging out for months, to the left.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Was that a political statement, or what?

Kimberly O'Connor said...

She has since edged back toward the center and is now all the way back to the right.