Sunday, December 20, 2009

Damn this has been a great class

So this email was in my inbox this morning, sent by one of the students to our coursemail address:

Hey everyone hope you have a great holiday season. Its been a lot of fun chillin with all of you bros. If any of you need anything my number is ***-***-****. Hope all of you get smashed on new years. Damn this has been a great class. Love all of you...

-Jason


This is amusing. Also a little frustrating--how many times did I explain its is possessive and it's=it is?

It's also kind of touching. I mean we're talking about freshman comp here, a required course that's not exactly everyone's idea of a good time. Perhaps this student was up late celebrating the fact that U-Md's last day of finals was cancelled due to the snow? Anyway, I'll take whatever good feedback I can get. Maybe I should forward the email to Agnes...



P.S. You might notice from the time stamp on this post that I am up early: Amelia slept from 9pm-5am!!! Yes, that is EIGHT FULL HOURS!!! But after I fed her at 5:00 I was so happy that I couldn't go back to sleep.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you! Enjoy it :) (And love -- and can empathize with -- the email.)