Thursday, December 31, 2009

Tying Up Loose Ends

Since I never finished Thanksgiving parts 5, 6 or 7, I thought I'd end the year in gratitude.

I am thankful

-for my family, by which I mean the family I came from and Dean's family. Now that we have Amelia I feel like both families really are "our" families. I am thankful for everyone who loves Amelia so much and spent so much QT with her over our vacation while Dean and I did such things as go on our first post-baby date, walk on the beach, read, and eat dinner at the same time!

-for my mother and Luli, who have each agreed to come stay with us once a month to babysit when my new semester begins. It makes me so happy that A can be taken care of by her grandmothers (and sometimes grandfathers) even though we live so far apart.

-for Dean's and my own flexible jobs, which will allow us to work/teach from home twice a month to cover the other days A will need care

-for the rainforest playmat that is currently entertaining A while I write

-for the breastpump, which I also sort of hate, but I am thankful for the freedom it gives me to both feed my baby breastmilk AND occasionally leave her for more than 3 hours

-for my wonderful friends. Even though I rarely get to see most of them, I am so thankful to know such smart and capable women.

-for yoga

-for this blog--it is a fun space to think, record, and write. And I am thankful for my readers! I am always a bit surprised when I realize that people actually read what I write. I am sorry my posts are so sporadic lately. (Blame it on little A.) And I am thankful for my little blogging community, which are some of the best mommy friends I have.

-that, despite all of the uncertainty about the future, I have a happy and healthy little family here in our cozy rented townhouse in DC, where we will make pizza for dinner and continue our tradition of going to bed well before midnight on New Year's Eve!

No comments: