Thursday, February 4, 2010

A-mel-i-a! A-mel-i-a!

A-mel-i-a! A-mel-i-a!
A, M, E,
L, I, A
A-mel-i-a! A-mel-i-a!
A, M, E,
L, I, A!


That's a song I made up to sing to Amelia. In the song, Amelia has 4 syllable, like Olivia. (Dean and I have often discussed the proper pronunciation of her name.)

Dean has also made up a song for Amelia:

Amelia the baby,
she's such a sweet baby,
such a good baby,
Amelia!


I'm sorry I can't write out the melodies. But rest assured they are both excellent songs.

I wanted to write a good, old-fashioned post about Amelia in celebration of her forth month birthday tomorrow! Here are some things I absolutely love about my baby:

-When she has had enough sleep, she wakes up smiling. When you go in to get her in the morning or after a long nap, she just grins and grins.

-I love her long, soft baby hair. All of the other babies are jealous of her hair. It is already growing down into her eyes. (Just don't tell her she has a bald spot. Luckily she can't see the back of her head.)

-Although I hate waking up in the middle of the night, I love cuddling with Amelia to feed her in the dark and quiet.

-I am a fan of breastfeeding, in general. Sometimes it is the only thing that makes me stop and rest. Besides all the fun of cuddling and looking at Amelia's beautiful eyelashes, it's a great excuse to sit still (and maybe watch Teen Mom).

-I love washing A's face in the morning. I sing, "This is the way we wash our face!" She opens her mouth and smiles when I rub the washcloth over her nose.

-I love reading to Amelia. It'll be even more fun when she can understand more of the stories.

-I love her long, plump toes.

-I love watching her take a bath. When Dean puts her in the water, she gets a very serious expression on her face and begins to kick her legs and wave her arms. Bathing is serious business.

-I love watching Dean love Amelia. I love the triangle of our family.

-I love watching A change and grow. Just this last week she has really started to look at things with interest, reaching out and grasping. She likes to sit in my lap and gnaw on my fingers.

Yea Amelia! These last four months have definitely been the most challenging months of my life. They have contained the most overwhelming moments I have ever lived through, but they have also contained moments of the greatest joy I have ever felt.

Happy Forth Month to you.

1 comment:

Debra said...

I made up a song that I used to sing to Faith all the time when she was a baby. We called it her babyface song, and it went through the details about her "baby face" that we loved. (The 2nd chin, a pointed ear, etc). She still likes the song, even though she no longer has the same features. It helps me to remember her baby face though, and she likes hearing about it. We ended up writing the song out in her baby book so we wouldn't forget it.