Wednesday, February 10, 2010

snOMG

This is what it looks like outside our front door right now. The Washington Post weather page is calling it "Snowverkill."



I'm not sure whether the blowing snow comes through in the picture. The wind is howling. We are under a "Blizzard Warning."

I am very thankful that we have electricity. The lights flickered last night while Dean and I were watching Lost (the 5th season, not the 6th, so don't talk to us about it). I got very worried about taking care of Amelia in a cold dark house. How would she have her bath? But we are up and showered and breakfasted and still have power. It's so windy, though, I don't know if it will last.

As crazy as this week has been with all the snow, I am also thankful for it. It has given us a chance to just hang out together as a family and not worry about working or leaving the house.

We did take A out for a short walk during the first snowstorm on Saturday:



We made it about a block and a half before I turned around with her. She was not a fan of snowflakes in her eyes.

The next day, though, she loved walking around looking at the white world. She wore her baby sunglasses we bought for her at Waves when were at Gano's in Ocean Isle Beach at Christmas. She was too cool for school.





I am looking forward to writing and reading today, and maybe baking and catching up on laundry if we are lucky. Keep your fingers crossed for us that the lights stay on!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I keep thinking of you with all the news reports about DC. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Try to enjoy the time, stir crazy though you may go.