Thursday, June 3, 2010

In case you're wondering

how the sleep training is going, it's kind of a draw. Amelia got a cold, seemed to get better, and then suddenly had really watery eyes and a runny nose again, so we were hesitant not to check on her when that was going on. She's recovered. I had a low point of rage and despair the third time I got up with her, oh, maybe Sunday night, and we did the crying thing again the next night. The last couple of nights she has cried really early, like 7:45 and 8:30 pm, so after looking in the room to make sure she wasn't tangled up in her giraffe lovey or something we just let her cry because what could she possibly need that early? Then she has been sleeping till 2 or 2:30 and I let her cry for about 15 minutes, then break down and feed her, and she sleeps again till 5:30 or so. So. This is as much as I can really do right now when we are about to move halfway across the country and then return to NC for a wedding a week later and then go back to Denver a week after that.

I realize I've been strangely silent on the subject of moving but we are in fact moving in 4 days. We have been calmly preparing for weeks but I am starting to get stressed out about things like cleaning out the refrigerator and packing for the trip and starting a new life under the shadows of the comical and unlikely Rocky Mountains.

Right now I am more concerned with leaving the house in the next hour. Amelia heard I had plans to leave her at her father's office to go shopping for an hour and she decided to take the Longest Afternoon Nap in the History of Amelia. She did have a big morning of eating small pieces of solid things* (cheese, cherries, turkey, puffs) and practicing standing up (she reaches for your hands, grasps them, and pushes herself to her feet, looking quite pleased with herself) and then Lucy came to visit. But I really want to go to H&M. I figured trying to write would make her wake up. I might just go rustle outside her door.

*Amelia refuses to eat anything off of a spoon or that you try to hand to her. Having discovered the pincer grasp, she will only eat what she can pick up off her high chair tray. Or the floor.

No comments: