Friday, July 30, 2010

House Tour: Dining Room



The living room opens into the dining room, which doubles as my writing studio. This giant table is an excellent place to spread out, say, 48 pages of poetry and try to put it in some sort of order. And to write.





Behind the table is the desk. Note the pale green wall my dad repainted (the previous owners took their shelves and left the wall with the old paint torn off where the shelves had been). It is the only green wall in the house. It is my favorite wall.



This is Amelia's elephant, who currently lives in the corner of the dining room. I got the elephant at Goodwill (which is 2 blocks from our house) for her to practice standing on. We are used to it now but when I first got it, it kept scaring me and Dean. It sort of lurks, looking like a large, unfamiliar dog.

2 comments:

Caroline Armijo said...

Your house is so lovely! I am excited to see more.

Unknown said...

Great and great! The elephant makes me laugh. My dad won my mom this stuffed lion at a theme park, and for weeks and weeks after they brought it home, they kept thinking a dog (mine, my brother's, their old one) was laying on the couch!