Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Today's High Is Brought to You By the Number 5

and the low was something like -17. After spending two days totally housebound with a sick toddler in sub-zero temperatures, I feel as though I might have lost my mind. Not in a mad or frustrated way--it actually hasn't been that bad, frustration-wise, because I knew the cold was coming and I was prepared. Amelia has spent a lot of time nursing and we have played a lot of games and gotten out every toy in the house and read all the books and done all the chores and sang songs and danced and practiced toddler yoga and looked at letters on starfall and I discovered a little thing on Netflix called The Secret Life of the American Teenager. But I feel like I've been on some strange spiritual journey. Taken a vow of silence, of sorts. I realize I live the kind of life in which it is not only possible but in fact preferable to not leave the house, at all, for two days. There's nowhere to be, no one to call in to. It's like the rest of the world doesn't exist.

That said, tomorrow it is supposed to be 39 degrees. I hope we can venture out.

No comments: