Wednesday, December 7, 2011

4 Fun Facts About Amelia

4. She has moved to a big girl bed! It's a twin mattress on the floor (with a bed rain to hold her in plus a baby gate at her doorway). I was very nervous about the change, but it's gone well, even seamlessly. We decided to make the switch because she was getting very angry about being put down for naps and sort of thrusting her upper body over the crib rail. It didn't seem like a good idea to let that continue. From the first night on, she has been sleeping like a baby.

3. She seems to be dropping her nap. I don't think it's because of the bed, but she does love the new bed, so she spends I'd say 3 out of 4 nap times playing in there. It's interesting because as far as I know she stays in the bed the whole "naptime," even when she's awake. If she doesn't fall asleep I leave her in her room to play for an hour or so. When she does fall asleep, it is often for a very long nap.

2. She did not fall asleep today, so the pictures of the new bed, which I had planned as the number one "fact" spot, will have to wait. Instead I will say

1. Dropping her nap? Really??? Heaven help me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know, right? Oliver has naps at school, but I don't know if he actually sleeps. Recently we've more or less given up on weekends and just let him be unless he's either totally exhausted (which is no guarantee he'll sleep) or we just need him to have some time alone. But like you say, every few days, he'll either take a good nap or go to bed a little early.