Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Crunk

Check out

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/a-ginormous-change-for-dictionary/20070711084809990001#cmntbgn

about the new words added to the dictionary this year.

My first year of teaching HS, I had a terrible second block class who constantly said everything was crunk. Their definition of crunk differed from the one they put in the dictionary, "a style of Southern rap music featuring repetitive chants and rapid dance rhythms," and from the one offered my someone who commented, "being drunk and on crack at the same time."

Thoughts?

I also like the part where you can vote for the words, "thumbs up" or "thumbs down."

2 comments:

joy said...

I think "perfect storm" is a beautifully poetic phrase, but it is ruined by being in the dictionary. "Crunk" seems very old to me because I can remember my husband many years ago using the word while peering in this illicit window of a car I was riding in with Angela. We are years away for illicit windows of cars.

Don't you think Meagan should participate in this perfect storm and make a crunk-ass blog, too? I think so. And Erin. Put that dissertation on mydissertation.blogspot.com. And Angela. Everybody's doing it, guys. That argument worked to get everybody to do coke, except you, Question.

Stupid hippy.

Now put your prize up! Or I'll cry!

Also, I might be coming through on Sunday. I've got a date and a hotel, so we'll probably be coming through in the afternoon. I'll call you and see if you're around.

longvowels said...

I agree crunk is old.