Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Look at me, posting on my blog

Busy day, as usual. I tried to get ahead for next week's Monday class. Monday's are always terribly hectic, with teaching AND the class with 700 pages of reading.

I yelled at my students through email, as they are late emailing drafts to me and each other, and we are having conferences. What, you mean a conference cant work if no one's read each other's papers?

I read Whitman and Alicia Ostiker and Hart Crane, and Tony Hoagland and student papers and the poems for workshop tomorrow.

I depositied a check and rescued my bike from where it was left out last night-- Metro was having problems and D picked me up in Chinatown.

Now I am going to make enchiladas.

I would like to live a life that I do not need to measure by how much I get done every day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean. My day is a list of tasks, usually involving students' papers, helping students, calling students' parents, etc. It's nice to know (though not for you) that high school teachers aren't the only ones who contend with late work.