Thursday, October 25, 2007

Rain

Finally, it's raining here.

I was dreaming this morning that my house was on fire and I couldn't find the cat's box. As I walked (very calmly, now that I think about it) from room to room looking for it, I would pause to watch the woods around my house burn. It was kind of pretty: the flames melting through wood, a sort of cinnamon-candy red that faded to black and then to nothing, empty space. Next, in that way dreams have of jumping to another place, we were on a train, leaving the fire, and the wind was rattling the train on its tracks and pushing huge trees to the ground.

We woke up to NPR and a story about a man whose house, in San Diego County in California, had burned to the ground,
and here it's raining...

Is this one of those count your blessing days? I suppose every day is, really.

No comments: