Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day



We got about 4 inches of snow from the big storm that made its way from the south to the northeast last night and this morning. It was a little disappointing since they had built us up for 6 to 10 inches--and because although I had the day off Dean had to go to work--but still pretty.

About two hours ago, I was working on the computer and heard a knock at the door. I knew it was someone wanting to be paid to shovel our sidewalks, so I scurried to the bathroom and hid till the person went away. I only have about four dollars in the house, plus we have our own snow shovel now. After a while, I went out and shoveled snow myself--quite the burst of energy for someone who had two naps this morning. I also shoveled our neighbor's steps--he's very old. The only problem is that we must have had sleet before the snow, since there was a very thin layer of unbreakable ice underneath the snow. I guess we need salt. Still, I feel proud because the sidewalks in front of our house are safe for travel!

No comments: