Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Baby Shower!



Thanks to everyone who came to our baby shower on Saturday! It was great to see everyone, and I was amazed at how many people told me they read the blog. I am always a little overwhelmed at parties in my honor, but it quickly became clear, by how all hands went immediately to my belly, that the real guest of honor wasn't me--I just carry her around. Whew--what a relief!

It was a beautiful day, and the baby seems to have almost everything she needs! We have pretty much reached Liz's suggested number of BumGenius diapers, and we have blankets and a bathtub and a nursing stool... a variety of lovely dresses, pajama sets, and stylish outfits for the baby... many useful items from other moms and dads and grandparents that we had no idea we needed, but clearly do... and lots of toys, including a playmat and two trucks!... and some lovely items for the baby's "nursery," a.k.a. our hallway, including a handmade wall hanging made by Luli! I will post a nursery picture of as soon as we get everything set up (which, as we know, will be by August 31 at the latest).

We are so grateful for our friends' and family's kindness and generousity. A special thank you to Luli and Corrie, for putting it all together, and to Liz and Oliver for driving all the way from Nashville to attend!

No comments: