Sunday, October 4, 2009

Dear Amelia

I've gotten lots of well-wishes over the weekend, including this beautiful letter from Liz. It's a full moon! Please join Liz--not to mention me and Dean--in inviting Amelia to come join the world outside the womb!

~~~~~~~

Dear Amelia,
I know we haven't met yet, but I'm one of your mom's friends, and I thought I should introduce myself early so you'll know me from an early age. Your mom and I have been great pen pals over the years (well not always great at being pen pals, since we had our occasional lulls in letter-writing, but great pen pals nonetheless), so I thought something in the form of a letter would be most appropriate.

I know from reading your mom's blog that you're still on the inside, and she's rather ready for you to come out. In fact, there are lots of us out here ready for you to come out and show yourself to the world. I keep waiting to log on to Question Air and see it say, "The pot is simmering" or boiling or boiling over! But no luck. It sounds like you're making some progress, helping mom's body open up for you, but you're going to have to make a big move to get things going.

My guess is that you're a little nervous about coming out. It's all warm and snuggly there in mommy's belly. You're familiar with the space -- maybe you even have some posters of My Little Pony up on the walls. You can sleep when you want, stay close to mom, don't even have to work hard to get your food. But here's the thing -- things are great on the outside, too. You have not just a mom, but a dad, and he'd super-love to get to hold you, too. And mom would like to be able to put you down sometimes -- not for long, I promise, but just to get a little break. They want to see your face and kiss you and snuggle you close. And there's even more people who love you and want to see you, too -- like grandparents and an aunt and uncle. They've been waiting for you and getting excited about you coming for a long time. You are a dream come true for all of them, and they can't wait to meet you.

I remember when my little boy was snuggled up inside of me. It was a wonderful time for him and me both, but he eventually decided to head out (haha), and it's been loads of fun since then. Now he can crawl and is learning to stand. He gets to eat lots of different things. He can pat the doggie (you have a cat named Suki) and sit in my lap to read a book. When he came out I got to see his cute dimples, especially when he smiles. Do you have dimples? We don't know yet because we can't see you!

So please, please, Amelia, come out and see us! You mom and dad are totally ready. They're getting worried that if you don't come out on your own, someone will come in after you, and no one wants that!

We love you, Amelia!

Miss Liz

No comments: