Wednesday, October 7, 2009




So, I'm the guest blogger, filling in for Kim while she temporarily resides at Holy Cross Hospital in Maryland since the birth of Amelia O'Connor Sanderford on October 5th (her due date!)
.
Amelia was born at 10:17 PM after almost 17 hours of labor.
( I believe I'm right about this. My son, Dean, told me Kim's first contraction was around 5:30 AM) She weighed 7 pounds, 4 ounces at birth. She Is 20 and a half inches long.

I won't go into the details of the labor...that's Kim's story to tell, for sure!

I will say that Amelia is perfect! She has thick, shiny black hair, her mom's beautiful pouty mouth, and the most delicate features. She's already very curious about her surroundings, and looked into her father's eyes with, what seemed to me, almost a recognition. Maybe it was his voice she was responding to. She's certainly heard that voice often for the last many months. I know, as one of Amelia's grandmothers, I could be a bit biased, but I have to say she'a a pretty extraordinary infant! She has certainly captivated me! I find myself thinking of her face and her tiny hands almost constantly.

What I think I know is this: Amelia is no ordinary baby!

3 comments:

Caroline Armijo said...

Congratulations! I am so excited. I have probably checked this blog twenty times in the last couple of days. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

I am so excited to be the first one to say CONGRATULATIONS! I've been thinking about you, hoping that everything was okay, for days now. I cannot wait to hear your birth story and see more pictures of your beautiful girl. Love to you all!!!

Debra said...

Kim- so glad you had a guest blogger :) Fun to read even though I do see the photos on facebook. Sooooooo happy for you! You did it. Praying for your recovery and REST. --Debra