Monday, November 16, 2009

Luck and Love

Soon after Dean and I started dating, he invited me over to his aunt Linda's house for dinner. I remember walking in to smiles, hugs, and room after room of beautiful, colorful art of all kinds: paintings, blankets, pottery, sculpture. Linda and Dean's uncle Harry had The Pizza Tapes playing, and we sipped wine, talked and laughed as Harry made dinner. Later on, I went to see Dean at his parents' house over winter break. Here was another house filled with incredible art, fascinating conversation, great music and great food. During both visits, I remember thinking how happy I would be if my life were filled with as much art and music, beauty and joy.

Little did I know how lucky I would be...

I was remembering these things this morning because Luli and her sister Linda, as well as numerous other women in the NC Triad area, have a Whimsical Women show coming up this weekend, and they've been featured the blog Triad Smarty Pants! Check it out. And if you're in the area, go to the show! You'll be sure to find a little taste of what I felt on those first two visits with Dean's family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had the same response to Luli's house. I wish I were closer to be able to go!