Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Wiggle Baby

The Mystery Baby of several weeks ago is now The Wiggle Baby. I'm feeling her move a lot these days. It's fun, although it can be distracting if I am supposed to be paying attention to something else.

She has a lot of fun in there. I've started to notice a variety of movement types. Here's a list of her common moves:

The Wiggle: This one is most common, hence the baby's current name. It's a quick little wiggle.

The Kick:
Not very common, contrary to popular belief. I've felt very few kicks. I'm told this will change. When she DOES kick, it's an obvious kick. Strong.

The Wave: This is a fairly new one. It's a slow, delicate wiggle, a wiggle in slow motion.

The Ice Queen: This was a new one last night. It was like the inside of my uterus was an ice rink, and she was sliding around on it. It tickled.

The Prolonged Poke: She pushes her foot or hand or something onto one spot and leaves it there. This is an odd feeling; it almost hurts. It makes me want to press back (I usually do, and then it goes away).


"Stay in there, baby!":
This is the most alarming and unexpected of movements. It's any of the above movements felt in a spot that is difficult to describe--I guess it's just above the cervix. I've written about it before--it feels like where the baby will eventually begin to make her exit.

All of this is very interesting. When you've never been pregnant, if you've ever felt a baby move it was by putting your hand on a mother's belly and getting a kick. When the dance party is happening inside you, it's very different. It's very 3-D.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"The Wave" was my favorite, especially as he got bigger and it was really evident even to others.

Enjoy watching her move!